Audubon

Friday, September 6, 2013

Reflections of Intimacy

Open Yourself to me Lord
let me into Your very heart
surround me with Your arms
let me lay down in You.
Let me melt into Your very being.
Let me leave this body here behind
So that I may exist only in You.
I want to sink into you,
and pulse with Your heart.
Let me run within all that You are;
look up and revel at Your vastness.
Lay down inside of You
and breathe for real
for the very first time.
Lord let me be washed
in Your bath of love
like a sea's waves
crashing rhythmically over me.
I want to be so overcome with You
so synced with You
so full and surrounded by You
that I'll wonder how
I could have ever existed  apart from You.
How I could breathe air and live
instead of Your breath.
Wonder how I ever settled for a touch
when I could have an embrace.
Wonder how I could sleep
without resting in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment